Goes to ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
About a week and a half ago we were visiting friends in the Dixon area. As I was chatting with my girlfriends Jonah was off exploring. Right before we were planning to leave Jonah let out a pretty intense cry. I found him in the office. I picked him up and tried to sooth him. He proceeded to fall asleep on my shoulder. (It was past nap time.) An hour or so later we arrived at another friends house. I woke up Jonah and carried him into the house. When I set him down he freaked. I then noticed his foot was badly bruised and swollen. He must have dropped something (we later found out it was a hand weight) on it hours before. After evaluating it we decided to give it some time. The next morning, although it looked horrible, he was running, jumping, and moving it fine. So we decided he was okay.
Fast forward to yesterday....
It looks much better except a swollen spot above the 2nd and 3rd toes. But that spot is VERY sensitive. Yesterday he dropped a little toy on it and freaked out.
I decided I better get it looked at.
Our pediatrician thinks there is a fracture. We went to get a x -ray. I am waiting for the results.
I'm so mad at myself that I didn't' get it checked out before today.
UPDATE: Pediatrician called....everything looks okay.
BREATH!

2 comments:
Don't be so hard on yourself!!! You are a good mommy!!!! I am glad it is ok!!!
I remember you searching frantically for him then watching you lovingly calm him down. A bad mom wouldn’t have done all that. Don’t beat yourself up. You’re not a bad mom, just a practical one.:)
Post a Comment