Thursday, July 9, 2009

Evaluation

Oh, I had A DAY yesterday.  I won't go through the whole thing but the highlights were:


-A PTO steering meeting in which only one other person showed (And I didn't even want to be a part of the committee anyway....but too weak keep saying NO!)
-My children running wild at the meeting 
-Coming home from the meeting with a broken item in hopes I can glue it back together and return it to the principal of the school.
-Vaccinations for Jonah and a check-up with my 2 other children in tow.

......and that was all before lunch. 

I was a mess yesterday!
So, I'm starting over today.  First step....deactivate my facebook account.  WHY DO I SPEND SO MUCH TIME ON THE COMPUTER looking at other people daily activities when I should be cleaning MY house and playing games or doing art with my kids?!  And when someone says something weird to me it consumes me and ruins and rules my WHOLE day.  NO NO NO!  I won't do it anymore.  

Time to take charge.  Facebook served it's purpose in my life.  I started up the account right after the big move and I was feeling a little lost.  I don't need that anymore.  I need to get back to what is important here!



I will miss it at first....it was cool to keep up with so many people.  
But, I will be better without it!

Goodbye Facebook!

7 comments:

Jamie Harter said...

It's okay Nicole! You can do it...just keep up with your wonderful family blog!

Anonymous said...

You know, I was just thinking about friending you. I guess I won't now ;-) It is an addiction, but of all the things I missed on our marathon camping trip, it was the blog & email - facebook never even crossed my mind.

Misty said...

I keep thinking the same thing about fb. I try to shut my computer and just leave it for naps or when the kids are in bed but I still have better things to do with my time. Plus, art with the kids is way more fun!

Amy Buhrow said...

I'm sorry you had such a crumby day:( I hope today was better!

The Chatt Pack said...

Really? I'm going to miss you.

Anonymous said...

I think the whole FB thing has gotten a bit out of control. Let's go back to the "old fashioned" way of keeping in touch with our friends.....it's called the telephone!

(I'll call you next week!)

Sara

Sarah and Kieran said...

i'll talk to you tomorrow......