Friday, July 10, 2009

10 years

10 years ago ......

I got out pics yesterday and I have spent the last 24 hours really thinking about what has happened in our lives in the last 10 years.  

We started out two young kids with a golden retriever living in a old country house in Wataga.
We welcomed Annelise 
We moved to Rio
We welcomed Alaina
We moved to Dwight
We moved to Dixon
We welcomed Jonah
We moved to the Carolinas

BIG CHANGES!  I always knew that Ben and I had a beautiful story ahead.   I had our story drawn out before we said I DO.  (Although I didn't predict the part about all the moves and now living 900 miles from Illinois.) If you asked me 10 years ago what I wanted in my future I would say a happy marriage, a house full of kids, and the opportunity to stay home and spend my days with them.  

Thank you Ben!!!  
You have brought my story to life!

The things I LOVE about Ben:

-I love that he chooses to spend his free time with the kids and me.
-I love that he will always stop on the side of a highway (if his family is not in tow) to help a women or an elderly person change a flat tire (even if he has somewhere to be).
-I love that he will eat the food that I burn.
-I love that he puts his "Daddy Hat" on the second he walks in the door!
-I love that he watches the same TV shows that I do.
-I love that people at the office know stories about me.
-I love that he cries when our babies are born
-I love that he will sit down and watched a taped segment of Oprah if I tape it for him to see.
-I love how friendly he is to random strangers.
-I love that he listens to me talk (and many of you know that is no easy task.)
-I love that we wants to talk with me.
-I LOVE LOVE LOVE so many things about him!

And although these last 10 years have been so wonderful.....don't get me wrong.....we have had some rough times.  
Remodeling the Rio house.....REALLY Rough
Moving to the Carolinas......REALLY REALLY Rough

But it feels so good to know that even in the hard times, we both know that we are in it forever!  Thank you Ben,  I love you so much! 
 Happy 10th Anniversary!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring and heartwarming post to your blog!! I wish you and Ben many, many more years of love, happiness and adventure!! Happy Anniversary!

Sara

Megan's Munchkins said...

Happy Anniversary! Sean and I just celebrated our 10th 2 weeks ago and I know what you mean!! We were commenting how it absolutely DOES NOT feel like we have been married 10 years...heres to many decades more!

Sarah and Kieran said...

so wonderful! i hope kieran and i have 10 years like you and ben. :) miss you, facbook dropper outer.....

Keri said...

Happy Anniversary!! I Wish for many more happy years for you!!!