Our first exciting meal stop was Saturday morning breakfast at Toast. I was introduced to this restaurant years ago by Alison.... I think about it often.
The dish that I dream about is their stuffed french toast. Two pieces were stuffed with mascarpone cheese, and one with a strawberry filling. Words can not describe......
We then headed out for a little shopping. I actually did a good job! I struggle to buy things for myself. Ben said I was in rare form. I got two shirts and a pair of pants. It was a great time!
After a little shopping, we went back to Sarah and Kieran's and watched a movie. We watched a movie called Awake. Yeah, not my kind of movie....it's about someone that is awake during surgery. I hope that really doesn't happen!
We then got cleaned up and headed out for the big dinner. We ate at Geja's. It's a little romantic fondue place. Both Sarah and I have been there before, but this was a new experience for the guys. We started off with the cheese fondue. Ohhhh, it was wonderful. But, both guys were not impressed. They thought it would be more like melted Velveeta. Oh well....can't please everyone. They did like their salad with house dressing though.
Next course was the main dish which contained meats and veggies. I got a combination of beef, chicken, and shrimp.
I can't believe I didn't get pictures of dessert. I guess I was too busy feeding my face. It started out with a chocolate fondue that was on fire. We toasted marshmallows until the fire went out, then dipped fruits and pound cake in the chocolate. Ohhhhh, so good!
It was a delicious and filling dinner. I'm glad that Ben finally experienced it with me. I have been trying to get him there for a couple of years....but due to the pricey menu, we have held off. I'm so glad that Sarah and Kieran joined us. We had a great time!
So, we headed back to Kieran and Sarah's for a friendly game of pitch. Sarah and I have partnered up for years....and we are really good! Kieran had never played pitch before...so we started off slow. After a while Sarah and I realized he was playing dumb in order for us to help him. He knew exactly what he was doing! He was cut off from any further table talk! It was close, but the women ended ahead.
Here is the part of the weekend that didn't go over so well with me. Half way through our card playing...Ben decided he wanted a pizza. Now, he was hardly starving.....we ate a ton of food at Geja's, and we spent a lot of money on our dinner. I didn't think he needed a pizza. But, I lost and a pizza was ordered.
Meanwhile, the kids were awesome! They had a great time with my Mom and our sitter, Jill. Mom was with them from Friday to Saturday and Jill took over until we arrived home Sunday. The kids had fun with Mom at the park. Then, Jill took them to church this morning. She said Jonah was perfect, sitting through the whole service on her Dad's lap. (Hello.....what is her trick!) She also had a picnic with them and took them to the fire station where her Dad works. The girls got to climb up in a fire truck and get a tour. They LOVED IT! I worried about them for nothing...everything went great on the home front.
Another highlight of my weekend is running with Sarah. Sunday morning I needed to do 5 miles so Sarah got up and did it with me. We ran along Lakeshore. It was beautiful...perfect view, perfect weather with a perfect breeze. Sarah slowed down to my pace....Thanks Sar!
Overall, it was a great weekend! It was much needed time away for Ben and I. Happy Anniversary My Love!

2 comments:
we had so much fun with you guys! thanks for including us on your romantic weekend in chicago. :) i didn't "slow down" for you ... you're fast when you're running and you must brag to your fellow dixon running girls that you ran in longer increments than you planned! see you guys maybe this weekend, we're heading to the 'burg on saturay. love, me
Glad you guys were able to get away to celebrate. You deserve the time as a couple!!!
Post a Comment