Wednesday, February 6, 2008

So much to blog about!

There are so many things I could blog about....I will try to keep it short and sweet. First off, I have made some new life decisions. I have decided that I am done cloth diapering. The joy that I found cloth diapering Alaina has not been carried on to Jonah. Part of the ease with Alaina was the fact that we had no life in Dwight, and I never went anywhere. Now, I am always on the go and I just don't feel comfortable doing the cloth thing on the go. Frankly, it's a pain in my bottom. So, I have decided that I need to get over the fact that I think disposible diapers are wasteful and stop trying to make my life harder! I just don't want to do it anymore.


Next, I booted poor Jonah out of my bed this week. I'm struggling with it....and I think Ben is too alittle, but it was time! If it was up to me I would have a bed the size of my bedroom and have everyone in the same bed. I would sleep safe and sound every night that way. Can you buy something like that????


My life has slowed down considerbly this week. The previous 3 weeks have been consumed with the St. Anne's auction. The big day was this last Saturday and the auction was GREAT! My sister and brother in law as well as my brother, Jason, joined us and we had a ball. Jason stepped up to the plate for me when I was looking for a waiter for the preferred table. I have always been able to count on him!!! If Jonah would have been cooperative for the sitter it would have been the perfect night.....but Sarah and I headed home early to comfort my little man. Here are some pics from the night.

Kieran is holding a truck full of secret recipe cookies that we won.


Here is a group pic. The theme was "Constructing the Future".



We didn't get pictures of the set up...which is a shame b/c the place looked awesome, as it should b/c I was there until 2 a.m. the night before doing final touches. Here is a pic of the bake sale. (Ben's favorite part)



I enjoyed my time with Sarah...I wish we lived closer!


We had deep table talk tonight at dinner. We discussed Lent and the sacrifice that Jesus made for us. We each discussed what we will give up for Lent. I am giving up eating out, Ben is giving up swearing, Annelise and Alaina are giving up junk food at snack time, and Alaina thinks Jonah should give up crying :) Then, we discussed what we are most thankful for.....Alaina said, "Cleaning the bathtub." We all busted out laughing.

Jonah is getting better at crawling . I thought crawling would make him even happier than he usually is....but now he wants to follow me where I go. He cries more when I need to leave the room. That is not so great for me! Here is a picture of him sitting in his new rocking chair from Grandma Bonnie. He was so proud of himself. I can't believe he is already 8 months!


Okay, I am going to stop here. I still need to put pictures up from our Murder Mystery party several weeks ago...but they are on my friend's camera. I will hopefully post them soon. I'm too tired to read over this...so hopefully I don't have too many errors. nic

No comments: