I started the cake after lunch while Jonah was napping. So......about the time it was cooled down and ready to decorate he was up. He was so excited about the cake that he would not leave me alone. The girls couldn't find anything else to do either. I had children breathing over my shoulder....I was still unsure if the cake was going to work the way I had imagined......I started to go a little CRAZY! I made a desperate call to my teenage neighbor. She came right over a SAVED ME!
A few hours before the party I still was very stressed. The house was not ready. I didn't care that it was not ready for the adults....they were my close friends and they know I am a bad housekeeper.....I was stressed that it was not ready for the kids. The toys room was a WRECK and the yard needed mowed and dog droppings needed picked up. Ben would not be home until right before the party....I felt defeated. Until....I made a few phone calls and the party was moved to the pool. It was a great last minute decision.
The food was great. (Ben picked up a bunch of fresh picked sweet corn, which was a perfect addition!) Everything was SO YUMMY! Everyone had a great time. And oh yeah.....the cake turned out great too!
On Saturday we started off with Jonah opening presents from his sisters and us.
Then we had two parties to attend. Our good friends, Blake and Macon, were both having their parties. One was around noon and the other was later in the afternoon. The first was at a Karate studio. I took Jonah along. He paid attention for about 5 min.....then it was a free-for-all for him.
The party was really cool. VERY ORGANIZED! The karate teacher had everything very organized.
There was a system to everything....even opening gifts. The kids had a great time!
Then a few hours later we went to an Extreme Cheerleading Gym for the second party. Trampolines, Sponge pits, and spring floors. The girls had a blast. It made me really nervous. I had to run home to get my camera and I told Ben, "DO NOT bring Jonah by." I knew we would chance having to make a trip to the ER for sure if he entered the building. (He would have LOVED IT, though!)
By the end of the day we were all pooped. Fun.....but pooped!


1 comment:
aww looks like a blast!! miss you! see you when you get to IL, let me know what's a good weekend to come down! love you!
Post a Comment