Wednesday, May 12, 2010

ATTENTION: MOTHERS OF VERY BUSY BOYS.....

I need your help!


Now, I'm not talking the mom's of boys that just run a lot....

I'm talking to the ones that that their sons would slash the furniture if given the proper tool!

















I'm not talking the ones that just climb everything.......

I'm talking the ones that empty EVERY game and bin in 10 min. if given the chance!

















I'm not talking the ones that won't stay in their seat when asked.....

I'm talking about the ones that you have to zip tie the chairs to the table to keep them off the counters.....


















I need the mom's that their son's throw their friends toys down sewage drains, the ones that throw rocks at their sister's heads, the ones that find water and soak themselves at every location, the ones that turn the neighbor's water heater off, the ones that can't focus on anything else if there is a big truck, tractor, or lawnmower in the neighborhood.

I need help!  I'm struggling!

5 comments:

mhawkfam said...

:) I love you Jonah!

Misty said...

He's absolutely adorable. I have a friend with a little boy who was like a tornado everywhere he went until he turned 4. There wasn't much she could do besides repeated time-outs and loss of fun privileges until he outgrew the phase. Jack has always been pretty easy for me but I can see already that I'll be posting something similar to this next year with Spencer. Best of luck and stay strong.

Carrie said...

Being the mom of two boys....i can soooo relate!!!! It gets easier i promise, but it does take time!!! Aiden got better when school started, and Brady (4) is still my "problem child". Never a dull moment and i can NOT keep a clean house!

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
I have 3 boys: Nick 8, James 6, and John 4. The best advice I have is stay consistent. Tell he that will happen if he does ______. Then stick to it. I remember one day putting my oldest when he was about 4 in time out most of the day. I was exhausted but he finally realized that mom means it when she says it. It was something my husband and I both had to stick too. We also had him practice putting things away and tried to make a game of it. Hang in there. I read a few books by Dr. Todd Cartmell that were really good and "Discipline that lasts a lifetime" by Dr. Ray Guarendi. Both of these men came and spoke in Macomb where I live and were great. I also like that they ref the bible a lot. I feel that is a great foundation for raising kids.
Good Luck,

Stacy (Watson) Bierman
I am from Galesburg as well. My brother Jason was in your sister's class.

Keri said...

I am just catching up on blogs...my life has been so hectic and my computer crap so I just haven't kept up.
Congrats on having Jonah potty trained..isn't it get especially for summer???
THis sounds so much like Wrigley and I am cracking up about the chairs being zipped...I haven't wondered how I can stop him from climbing on counters also!!!!!!!!