Yesterday was a busy day! I can't say that about everyday in my life. I don't thrive on busy like some people do. We are more laid back here and it suits me just fine. But yesterday.....I was busy.
I had a number of things on my plate....but here was the highlight......
Ben brought home a gazillion strawberries on Wednesday night. He was out visiting a grower and they loaded up his truck. The berries were WONDERFUL! Super ripe and sweet. I didn't want any of them to go to waste. I spent the day cutting, freezing, mashing, freezing more, baking and jamming. SO FUN! Here is a few things I got done.
I still have a few containers left....we will be dipping them in chocolate when the girls get home. I think Ben needs to visit this grower again soon!
And if you live in the Carolina's Ben says this is a great place to visit. I can tell you from personal experience that they grow AMAZING strawberries! http://www.strawberryhillusa.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! Those look yummmy! What was your favorite of the tasty strawberry treats you made?
That is the place we visited after we leaving your house last summer. We STUFFED our van full of peaches and added melon, peach nectar, salsa, jam...I almost had to run along side back to Illinois :). It was worth the trip off the beaten path. Chris and Lori Storzum lived about 10 miles from there. They recommended we stop. Everything they had looked amazing.
Wow, I want to come visit and try all those baked goods! Yum! I've had a busy few days so I've fallen off the blogger wagon but I did finish the book and loved it. Thanks for the good recommendation!
Post a Comment