Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A memory that I don't want to forget.

Yesterday the girls were playing outside.  A couple of 3rd grade friends from Annelise's school walked over to our house and passed out a slumber party invitation to Annelise.  Annelise was thrilled to get the invite.  But here is the part that I LOVE.....the first thing she said to the girl was, "Would it be okay if Alaina comes too?"  I'm sure it caught the girl off guard that Annelise wanted her kindergarten sister to come, but she told her it would be okay.  Both of my girls ran in the house on cloud nine.

I completely realize it was not appropriate for Annelise to invite her sister along to the party.  I'm sure there are some parents that would not be pleased with the news that someone's little sister is tagging along to an overnight party.  I sat both girls down and discusses the issue.  Luckily, we have a fun family activity already planned for Friday night so Alaina was easily swayed to stay with us.  

On a bad note, Annelise is not happy with me right now.  I told her that I am not ready to do sleepovers at homes of people I don't know well....so she can go but I will be picked her up at 9 or 9:30.

Either way....I LOVE that my girls still love to be together.  I know it may not always be this way....but I am sucking it in while I can.  I tell people that they come as a pair......and it's true!

No comments: