I have started reading a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan for a new Sunday School class that we are attending.
I am only a couple chapters in and already have been profoundly affected. I have found myself reading paragraphs over and over, not because I don't understand......but because I need the words to wrap around my brain. In one of the chapters it talks about God being all knowing. I have known this fact....but reading the authors words made a big impression. All my fake....all my cover.....is totally busted. He knows how messy I really am. He knows how nasty I can be. He knows about "the cover" that I put on for the rest of the world. The thought humbled me.
For the most part I am a pretty open book. But, even though I am a "tell all kind of girl" I still feel like a fake at times. I want to be seen as such a great mother, wife, daughter, friend, and neighbor. I want people to like me. I want people to think I am nice. I want people to want to talk to me. I have never been one that doesn't care what others think. So....therefor I have to put my fake on sometimes.
This book led my friend, Olivia, and I had to have an interesting discussion the other day. We talked about who REALLY knows us. Who knows everything.....the naked. I feel like there are many people out there that know me.....but not the naked me. I needed reminded that God knows me. The naked me. The ugly me. The weak me. I'm busted. What a relief!


2 comments:
I'm going to have to check this book out. I'm pretty much an open book as well but I "sensor" myself quite often to not hurt feelings, etc... so I know what you mean. Thanks for the book suggestion.
Sounds like a great book! The two words that came to mind reading your post were trust and vulnerability. It's scary to let your guard and trust others not to judge. Memories of junior high and high school comes to mind:). It's a nice reminder that God loves us no matter what. Just the reminder I needed today. Thank you!
Post a Comment