Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 1: I am THANKFUL for my marriage.

I decided that each day leading up to Thanksgiving
I would post about something I am thankful for.

Today I am going to start with my marriage.

There are so many things about being married to Ben that is so, so good. Ben and I are fortunate that we speak the same "Love Language". (Do you know that book? If not, it's a good one!) That has made it really easy for us to figure each other out. I feel so fortunate that our likes and dislikes are so similar. We like the same food, TV programs, movies, and people. We are almost always together on our free time, which is exactly how we want it to be. (Although I don't like to golf.....or rather I really stink at it...... and I know that he would love to get a little more time on the golf course. Some day I hope that I can help make that happen!)

I never thought when I married "Farmer Ben" that I would be living 900+ miles away from my family and friends. Our life now was not even in my wildest dreams. But..... I feel so THANKFUL that I trust our foundation enough to take risks. I know that wherever we go, as long as Ben and I are together with our kids, we will be good.

Perfect.....NO! We have had a few different opinions on how to train this puppy. We have different opinions on what a "clean kitchen" looks like. And, when either one of gets tired we can be very annoying.

As always God knew what he was doing when he brought my boyfriend from 11th grade back into my life. I'm so glad that I followed the path that I was called to follow.

1 comment:

Keri said...

So happy for you!!:)