Thursday, October 15, 2009

Random things before bed.....

We pick up our puppy tomorrow. The kids (and adults) are very excited. I know the first few nights are going to be rough. Poor little guy is going to miss his Mommy and siblings. We will do our best to love up on him so he feels safe and at home.

Ben's on his way home. He went shrimping today. They caught 20 pounds of shrimp. He says they are big! I have been trying to pump myself up. I LOVE shrimp....but will I still love them after beheading them and cleaning them up? I was very worried until he told me that he already took all the heads off. Woohoo.....I know what is being served in the Hawkinson house this weekend. YUMMY!!!

I talked to a sweet college girlfriend today. She just had her first baby and she is dealing with all the first time mom decisions. It's crazy how overwhelming things seem with your first and how routine they seem by your third. I LOVED talking to her. Talking over all that baby stuff make me think.....Am I really done???? Focus: PUPPY NICOLE......You have a puppy!

This house has gotten a little out of control. I have allowed my living room to used as a gymnasium and I am finally feeling overwhelmed about it. It's been raining here the last few days and the kids have been stuck inside. Everyone is getting a little stir crazy. It's time to start cracking down!

H1N1 is all around. It's making me a bit crazy. I have never taken care of a really sick child before. I don't want to. I don't want to vaccinate.....but I don't want my kids to get so sick. I would like to order a bubble and keep my children in it.

I have been so unmotivated to run. I don't want to get up. I need to get a good kick in the rear!

I'm ready to have longer hair again.....but I am not ready to grow it out. So much work!

I turned the heat on. There has been a chill in the house that makes me crazy. It's supposed to warm back up next week. I'm so glad. I thought I was ready for cool weather....but I'm not.

Off to watch Grey's in bed. Check back for puppy pics!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see Murray!!! And I can't wait to read more of your random thoughts once he arrives ;)!

Sara