Dad and Lori came to visit!
It was their first trip here and we all had a ball!
They arrived Saturday morning and we spent the day just hanging out.
That night the adults headed to Bonefish Grill for dinner.
We all stuffed ourselves with delicious seafood.
On Sunday we headed to the zoo.
Although the kids and I have been to the zoo many times, we had never been there with the "Turtle Whisperers" before. That was a whole new experience! Lori decided to reach in and pet the large turtle under it's neck. (I would have never thought to do that.) It was obvious right away that the turtle LOVED it. Dad reached in and really started to give that turtle a good scratch. That turtle stood up and his neck came WAY out of his shell. He couldn't have stretched it any farther. It was a hoot.
A crowd gathered to see the turtle stretch and enjoy a good scratch.
SO FUNNY!
I always get nervous when people travel to see us. I want them to have a great time and want to come back. They traveled such a long way.....I don't want them to regret it.
I don't think Dad and Lori will. It was a wonderful visit!!!

1 comment:
fun, fun, fun....
i could make so many "adult" jokes about "Turtle Whisperer" ...but this is a family blog, no? :)
miss you!
Post a Comment