Thursday, August 27, 2009

Remembering Olivia

Special Child
by Sharon Harris

(I copied this down from Olivia's scrapbook.)

You weren't like other children,And God was well aware,

You'd need a caring family,With love enough to share.

And so He sent you to us,And much to our surprise,

You haven't been a challenge,

But a blessing in disguise.

You winning smiles and laughter,

The pleasures you impart,

Far outweigh your special needs,

And melt the coldest heart.

We're proud that we've been chosen,

To help you learn and grow,

The joy that you have brought us,

Is more than you can know.

A precious gift from Heaven,

A treasure from above,

A child who's taught us many things,But most of all - "Real Love"


Today is the 3rd anniversary of Olivia's dramatic introduction into this world.
She was an amazing little girl who lived an AMAZING life.
In her short time on earth she touched THOUSANDS.
I can tell you that I will NEVER be the same as I was before I began to love that little girl.
And thank God for that!

3 comments:

Le Jardin de ma Vie said...

What a great post and a great way to remember Olivia. You're right, she touched more lives than Julie will ever know!

The Chatt Pack said...

I absolutely love that picture. It was from her first birthday. Wonderful post...thanks for remembering Livvy with us. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for both "Livvy posts"! They
were perfect. Love, Connie