Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

My mom came to visit for Mother's Day!! I couldn't have asked for a better gift. It was a great weekend. We had two days at two different beaches, Chinese food, several glasses of wine, and peel and eat shrimp. That makes for a perfect weekend!!

Our first full day together we went to Lake Murray Beach. It was hot and crowded...but it was GREAT! Jonah was home asleep, so it was a girls day out. If I would have put sunscreen on myself it would have been perfect!


That night we put Jonah to bed and had my neighbor come over and watch the girls. The adults headed out for a nice Chinese dinner. It was a great night. The highlight....the waiter guessed my age to be 21! He was very surprised I had three children! Okay, so he needs to get his eyes checked....but I loved it!





The next day we headed to Isle of the Palms to enjoy a day at the beach. I LOVE THE OCEAN! My life seems perfect when I am there. (Although it wasn't the perfect beach weather.) After we had lunch it started to sprinkle. It was a cloudy day....and after an hour or hour and a half it started thundering and the real rain set in. Not the best weather...but our time there was great!


The next picture is of Jonah watching a Nemo kite flying in the air. Our neighbors on the beach did a good job keeping out children entertained.


Is my son talented or what???



I feel like I have been complaining a lot lately. So many big adjustments.....but one thing I know for sure. I am blessed!! I am blessed to have such a great relationship with my mom. I am blessed that I have three amazing children who challenge me daily and bring me so much happiness. I LOVE being a mom! There is nothing I would rather dedicate my life to! It was a GREAT Mother's Day Weekend!

3 comments:

Misty said...

Neat, I love Isle of Palms, it's a great beach! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Keri said...

Glad you had a special Mother's Day weekend. So lucky to be near the beaches too!!!!

jord,ali,hal,kam and grae too! said...

The picture of Jonah and your mom standing over the sandcastle spot and then the castle is classic!! Love that!