Ben is heading to Dixon tonight. (Update: After sitting on the runway in the airplane for a LONG time, they cancelled the flight. He is back at the apartment and is set to try to leave again tomorrow morning.) He is going to supervise the packing and loading of all our stuff. The countdown is on....5 days until we are in our new house. An end is near!! It's going to be a tough couple of days, with Ben being gone, but it's almost over. We got a bid on our house last night. We went back and forth. It's continuing today....but they are still too low.....so I'm not getting my hopes up.
All moves have stress involved, but this is our hardest so far.
This is what I know know for sure:
1. Apartment life is not for us.
2. As much as I adore my children, I do need a break from them here and there.
3. I loved running with my Dixon friends.
4. I can't image my life without the GPS in the car. I still haven't figured this place out.
5. Using flat paint on the wall is just stupid.
6. A closet does make a good nursery.
7. The gas prices are good on the wallet.....eating out everyday is not.
8. You get a lot less mail when you don't receive credit card applications.
9. I always thought I was a frugal shopper, but that was when I lived in a town with just a Walmart.
10. Annelise is obsessed with Waffle House....I'm sure we are going to have to eat there soon!
11. There is a lot of paperwork involved in starting over!
Please keep us in your prayers this week.
Please pray Ben's travels will be smooth and safe.
Please pray my days without Ben will be smooth and calm.
Please pray Annelise's first day of school (Monday) will be a positive experience.
Please pray that the bidding war on our Dixon house has a positive outcome for both parties.
Please pray that our closing on our new house goes well.
Please pray that our belongings arrive Friday without any setbacks. (I heard a story of a truck that was MIA for 3 weeks)
Hopefully my PMS is mild this month...last month was BAD and my family deserves better :)
I'll keep you up to date! Nic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
nic, thinking of you! good things will happen, i believe it! em
praying really hard....
hang in there!
Hi Nicole!
I don't ususally do this..but knew you had a blog and was wondering how all of you were doing. Looks like you are enjoying South Carolina...despite all of the stress of being in an apartment! Good luck with your house sale and the close on your new home. We'll keep all of you in our prayers!
Kara :-)
Post a Comment