Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Progress

Okay, we are making progress. Ben is in Dixon and all is packed. The truck will load up tomorrow. They agreed to take everything, even the compost worms....which I can't believe. I am SO HAPPY THAT MY STUFF IS IS ON IT'S WAY! I did such a horrible job of packing. I wear the same thing every other day. I did even worse bringing shoes. My running shoes have had a lot of use....unfortunately not running.

So, it looks like we cut a deal for our Dixon house tonight!! Talk about waiting for the last minute. We close Thursday. I was going to have Ben hire someone to clean the house new before we move in....but it was going to be too much! I just can't get myself to say yes. So, we will be cleaning Thursday night. The truck pulls in Friday morning. Thank you Lord!

Annelise started school on Monday. So far it looks like things are going well. This is such a new experience than what we are used to. First off....there are so many kids! There are almost as many kids in 2nd grade as there are in the whole school in Dixon. There is ethnic diversity. I am excited about that. It was evident the second she walked into the class. The kids were waiting for her....she walked in and a boy yelled, "Guys, she is white."

The car pool line is crazy for me also. At St. Anne's parents get out of their cars before, and especially after school to gather and talk. That is how I got to know all the parents there. There is no talking in this new system. You drive single file. You have a number hanging from your rear view mirror. When you get close to the pick-up spot your number is announced over a loud speaker and you are told which color spot to go to. Once parked you child comes to your car. There is an older student to open the door and make sure your child is in the car.....then on you go. I've done it twice now and I giggled both times. What a system!

Okay, so all is going good. So, why am I so sad right now???? I think I'm just lonely. I'm just ready for "MY" life to start again. Soon.....Soon!

No comments: