I am a 9 days away from my half marathon. Life has become so hectic, and I am loosing my steam. My running buddy, Lori, has changed her schedule a little since school started and that has sometimes left me either running by myself or with other people who are not at my pace. It's getting harder....and I am ready for race day to get here. (Not to mention 5:15 a.m. is much darker and colder than it was a couple of months ago.) We have one more longer run before the event. Although I have come A LONG way....I'm still not sure how I am going to do with 13 miles. The longest I have went so far was 11, and that was not fun.
On the positive side, I have went from a non-runner in June, to doing 6 miles today and only walking a 3 block uphill span. And, even with the walking we averaged under 10 min. miles. (That is my happy pace.) I have even surprised myself with this!
Thank you for your support! Next Thursday night we will be going out to eat with Charlie and his family (to read about my effort to raise money please see my post titled Charlie's Angels). At that time, we will be giving them the money we have raised. I am excited to meet this little guy....and I think from him I will get the final motivation I need to do this race.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment