Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our Wonderful Vacation Part 2

Sorry it took so long to get this posted....life has been a little stressful. (More about that later.) Here are more pics from our vacation to Mackinac Island, MI. This post was hard b/c I wanted to post every picture.

The first exciting part of the vacation was the ferry ride over. I was slightly overwhelmed in the beginning trying to unload our car and part with our things, knowing that everything I take with me had to be loaded onto my bicycle when we get onto the island. Oh yeah, Mackinac Island is a car free island. People get around by foot, horse or bicycle. Here is a picture of Annelise on the ferry ride over. The kids were so pumped.


We stayed at the Grand Harbor Resort. From online it looked like the perfect hotel. Although it was a WONDERFUL place to stay, it took some getting used to. It's OLD....not updated and not the cleanest place.....but the girls felt like royalty there. They talked in British accents the first night. Here is a picture of our resort and sites that we got to see as we arrived....




There were so many great memories...but one of the best was our 8 mile bike ride around the island. It was not easy for me....I'm not a conditioned bike rider, and I was pulling Jonah and Alaina, but the sites were amazing. Here are some pictures from when we stopped to play on the shore of Lake Michigan.


Ben took pictures while riding his bike. The first picture is Annelise riding right behind him on the tag along. The other picture is of me pulling Alaina and Jonah.

We went on a horse drawn tour of Mackinac Island. We had a stop at Fort Mackinac. There were fun activities and people for the kids to see.
This next pictures are from an old fashion dance lesson session. The first picture is of Annelise, and the second picture is Andrew. It was TOO CUTE to watch!

Just Beautiful!


Our favorite place to hang out was the front yard of our resort.

I can't explain it....there was just something about this place!


It was our time to get back to the basics.

No cars.....


no cell phones....


only each other.


I will never forget this vacation!!

6 comments:

mhawkfam said...

What a great way to start my day. Thank you!

It was simply wonderful.

Carrie

Megan's Munchkins said...

We vacationed in Leeland Michigan EVERY year growing up and it is THE BEST place ever. You are right, you can't explain it, it just is. Your pictures are fabulous...makes me want to go back!

mhawkfam said...

I LOVED the trip. I wrote a book about our trip and took it school.

Little M

mhawkfam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mhawkfam said...

The empty chairs are cool. I will never forget it either.

Sweet H

sara said...

I can see why you had an incredible time. What a beautiful place to vacation! I loved all of your pictures!!