Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our Wonderful Vacation Part 1

We took a trip to Mackinac Island, Michigan a couple of weeks ago. We traveled with Matt, Carrie, Hannah, Emma and Andrew. Two Minivans, 10 people, 5 bicycles, two tag-alongs, two Burleys....I was not sure what to expect....and it exceeded almost all my expectations. Hope you have some time to hang out....I have a lot to show you!!!!!

We started out at Warren Dune State Park.
My children were fascinated when they got a glimpse of the sand dunes.
So much sand....so little time! Here are some pictures of them on the climb up.

I wasn't sure Alaina would be able to make it, boy was I wrong....she was the first to hit the top!


Jonah and I stayed at the bottom.
I knew I would struggle to make it up with him in tow. It was quite a climb!



Although everyone liked the challenge of climbing the dunes....
I think they liked running down them more!

We then headed over to the water for a little play. The kids didn't put their suits on...but they were able to get their feet a little wet.


It was a great stop. And there is more fun to come!

1 comment:

Sarah and Kieran said...

still waiting for part 2...i did see the pictures on kodak gallery though. good to see you yesterday and i hope the run went ok! love, me