Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sick Again!

I have always been proud of the fact that I hardly ever get sick. Maybe a cold here and there in the winter....but nothing that takes me down........until this Spring! This Spring is kicking my rear! This last weekend I was so sick! And, due to the work season my husband is in, I am a single parent all day and evening 7 days a week. After being ill for 2 days, I couldn't function anymore on Sunday. I took the girls to my neighbors and headed to the ER. Jonah in tow. They did a strep test and it was positive....so they gave me magic pills (antibiotics) and I'm back to normal. It was a weekend that I care never to repeat. (But I do need to thank my Mommy that pulled into town Sunday at noon to pick up my prescription, feed my kids, pick up my house, do my dished, do laundry, and give baths. A Godsend!) So, I'm back to normal, but we had a doctor appointment for Annelise this morning. I didn't want to wait until she was miserable. She had a sore throat this morning and I got her right in. After the doctor's appointment we went to get milk shakes while we waited for her prescription. I got each girl their own so they wouldn't share. I told them to stick to their own shake. NO SHARING! But of course I got them different flavors....so I caught Alaina trying Annelise's. We will see if a sore throat starts in 1-3 days. AUG!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Glad you are now better. I remember the one time I had strep and it was some of the worst pain I have ever experienced!!!
Hope everyone else stays well.

I always enjoy keeping up with your family!!!
Keri

Keri said...

Glad you are now better. I remember the one time I had strep and it was some of the worst pain I have ever experienced!!!
Hope everyone else stays well.

I always enjoy keeping up with your family!!!
Keri