We packed up and headed to "The Burg" for Mother's Day weekend. It was a great weekend and exactly what I needed. On Saturday I got to have lunch with one of my favorite people in the whole world, Julie! She was picking up Jack and she had some time to meet us at La Gondola. I have had several emotional days lately....much of it is due to the struggles Little Olivia and Julie have been experiencing. Spending some time with her is exactly what I needed to get things back into perspective.
We enjoyed staying with Grandma Bonnie although I can tell my active bunch makes her a little crazy. She loves them very much....she is just not used to life with little children. Mom and I even gave each other pedicures after the kids went to bed. My toes have not had that much attention in a long time!
The storm that hit the Midwest was nasty....but it brought my husband home. Ben got to Galesburg early Sunday and spent the day with us. He got to enjoy the children, his brother and parents, and time with me! Just what he needed! Overall......A perfect Mother's Day!
To top that off...he came home early today and I was able to head to the salon for a little pampering. I was feeling like it was time for a new start and I chopped it all off!! I LOVE getting a new do!
Hope all the Mommies out there had a great Mother's Day! nic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment