I felt inspired by Julie Barnhill's website. So, here is an updated holiday letter........
Happy New Year! Wow, I can’t believe that it is already 2009. Where did the last 6 years of my life go? Things around here are almost out of control… .Here is an update on my family:
I am doing okay. The last few days I feel like I am barely holding on to my sanity. I should get a big F on my housewife duties, as this house is beyond a pit. I don’t know what my problem is….I am so overwhelmed by all the clutter that I can’t even get motivated. I am about 10 loads behind in laundry and I don’t know if I will ever have the energy to take down the Christmas decorations. It just seems like there is never enough hours in the day….and I have no desire to lose sleep in order to get more done. Jonah and I have been battling thrush. It seems like his mouth and diaper area are under control, but my nipples hurt so bad that I want to wean. I’m glad he is better, but we may just pass it back and forth if I can’t get rid of it.
Ben is doing okay. We had to fill out a paper for our mortgage last month and I joked with him that he should put work as his primary residence. He is becoming a workaholic, which is a new life for me. He has always been a hard worker….but it’s never consumed him as much as this last year. Due to Ben’s work habits, I have been quite unpleasant to live with also, I’m sure.
Annelise is in first grade and doing well in school. She is my people pleaser. She has been a big help around the house, but also getting pretty sneaky. She is the child that can put me on the roof. Her whining is a sound that I just can’t stand.
Alaina is hilarious. She changes her clothes at least 5 times a day and parades around. She talks to herself in the mirror all the time. The one issue that I have with her right now is her fascination with being beautiful. She asks me all the time….am I beautiful. I have started to try to give her pep talks about being smart and a good person…but it all sounds like blah, blah, blah to her because she ends it with asking, “Yea, but do you think I’m beautiful?”
Jonah is growing like a weed. (As he should because he nursed on my painful breasts at least 3 times last night.) Yes, he is still in my bed……and yes, I would like him out someday.
Okay, that what is going on in our home. Please come to visit if you are in the area sometime….but you have to give me at least 6 hours warning so I can stash all the shit everywhere. Nicole
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
but hey...you made me laugh out loud at your honesty. i love you and you are super mom, wife and friend. you know that!! hope your week ends on an up with hhhmmm a marathon of sleep and a clean house! we can all dream!
You crack me up. And I can tell you're getting a little frazzled and losing track because you put that it's 2009 already. But don't worry, we all love you no matter how messy your house is, because you're one of the best moms, wives and friends we know!
Love, Aim
Post a Comment