Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Ring

Ben and I have been married over 8 years now, and I didn't know there was much he could do to surprise me. Our relationship has evolved to the type of relationship that I know his thoughts and moods almost all the time. For newlyweds that may sound boring.....but I love the comfort that we have. It's the marriage I always dreamed of. But....last week he surprised me. One evening while walking around with the baby he realized he lost his wedding ring. He was so upset about it. Although I wasn't happy that it was gone, I wasn't torn apart either. He spent the evening racking his brain on where he lost it. He decided he was sure he knew what corn field it has come off in. A CORN FIELD. So, the next evening he rented a metal detector and was out in the field way into night looking for it. Talk about a needle in a haystack. I called him several times and told him to come home, there is no way he will ever find it. He eventually gave up and came home.....but I was so surprised at the sadness he felt. Although I didn't know it was possible, I fell deeper in love with him and his sentimental heart. I guess there are sides of Ben I don't know everything about.

No comments: