This last month has been eventful....but I have not been good at having the camera handy.
Here is an update on our last few weeks....
My Mommy was here!! We were a sight to see when we met at the airport. I started to cry....she started to cry.....we were pathetic but I didn't care. It had been 3.5 months since we were together. Things had happened in that 3.5 months that made me miss my Mom even more. It was so good to be with her!
The kids loved having her here. They had lots of "Grandma Time" individually and as a group. I got some good alone time with her too. Plus....Ben and I got out for a date night. We took advantage of the free child care :) I wish I would have some pics to share of Mom and the kids....but I don't.
Then shortly after Mom left we made a quick unscheduled trip back to Galesburg to say good-bye to a wonderful women. My step grandmother, JoAnne, was laid to rest on the 4th of May. She fought a hard battle and now has found peace. The 3 kids and I packed up and made the trip in 15.5 hours. I was pretty impressed that we only lost 2 hours along the way. They really are awesome travelers. (The DVD player is a big help also :) I did not see any of my friends when I was home. I wish I had some free time to socialize with my girlfriends and visit Alyssa's new little guy....but that was not part of the purpose of this trip. The kids were able to see all Grandma's and Grandpa's and spend time with their cousins. I stayed with Dad and Lori most of the time and helped out where I could. I'm very thankful that my Mom and my Ben's Mom were able to care for my kids while I spent time with Dad and Lori. It was time that I am very thankful for!
Nobody really wanted me to drive....so I didn't call my Dad to tell him I was coming until I got to Indiana. I figured he couldn't protest when I was only one state away. From there the plan was created to have my brother drive back to the Carolinas with me. I was very excited to have him come visit.
He not just survived but actually enjoyed the long haul back. He stayed through the weekend. It was a great time full of margaritas, great food, and lots of walking. We visited Charleston together so he could take in some of the local sights. It was a HOT day (in the 90's) and very busy (both The Citadel and The College of Charleston were having graduation) but worth the trip. Here a few pictures of Eric enjoying the sites.
The last night here we ate "Surf and Turf". Ben did the grilling and Eric was in charge of the lobster. It was delicious. Eric studied up on cooking the lobster and he cooked it to perfection!
So, after he left life slowed down. Things are good here. We are all ready for school to be out. (I may change my mind a few weeks after the girls are home....but for now I can't wait!) The pool is open and we enjoyed it both days this last weekend. I'm in the summer mood!
Hope the sun is shining where you are! More later......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment