Sunday, April 18, 2010

How to Be Rich......

Our new church is just amazing.  I look forward to church every week and when it is over I feel like my Sunday is complete.  I have not really had that type of experience before.  I have enjoyed churches....but going sometimes felt like a task that I had to get myself motivated to do.

Well...today there was a serious GOD THING going on.  It was AWESOME!

Today was Compassion Sunday at CUMC.
If you don't know what Compassion is please visit:

Learn more about sponsoring a child.

We have been a sponsor of Ully, a Compassion child from Indonesia, for a little over a year.
She is Annelise's age and Annelise is now enjoying writing back and forth to her.
We pray for her, write to her, and have enjoyed letters from her.  We are helping her get out of poverty.
She has been a wonderful addition to our family.  For $38 a month, the cost of a dinner out, we are paying for Ully's school, medical needs, and nutritional needs.  ONE DINNER OUT!

Today we sponsored our second Compassion child.  This time we got a little girl Alaina's age.  Her name is Angela and she is from Peru.  Our whole family is very excited.  (Well, Jonah can care less....but the rest of us were on cloud 9 when we left church!)

We are so excited to see what God is going to do in these little girl's lives.  Ben and I hope to take mission trips (in a few years) with our girls to visit our sponsored children.  We are so thankful for the opportunity to serve God, these little girls, and this wonderful organization.

Today the goal at CUMC was to get 100 children sponsored.  I just read on Pastor Jody's facebook page that 230 children were sponsored!  HOW EXCITING!  It doesn't surprise me though..... Jody's sermon was AWESOME!  The Holy Spirit was all over that place today.  Even my hubby needed a kleenex.  I'm still bursting at the seams with Crazy Love!  Anyway....If you have some free time while you are folding laundry or doing the dishes, feel free to listen to him.  He delivers an amazing message.  His spiritual gifts are far and wide!

For some reason today's sermon is not on the "Listen to the sermon" list.  But if you click the "Watch Sunday's Sermon" area it will download it for you.

http://www.chapinumc.com/worship/messages_home.htm

Check it out!

No comments: