Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Student of Distinction!

I had a super proud "Mommy Moment" today.  I was at Annelise's school for the awards assembly.  I knew she was going to get an award for her good grades this quarter, but the recipient of the Student of Distinction award is kept secret.  The Student of Distinction is an award given by the teacher.  The child's name is called and a speech about the student is read aloud.  I was THRILLED when the name "Annelise Hawkinson" was called.  Here is what her teacher had to say about her:

Annelise is my Student of Distinction for the second nine weeks because of her commitment to school and her leadership for others.  She is a very hard worker and she is always on task.  She is a good friend and a role model for other students in third grade.  She is always willing to lend a helping hand when it is needed.  Annelise always makes good grades because she takes books home to study even when she does not have to!  I am so proud of you Annelise!  Keep up the good work.

Ahhhhh.....I had tears!  I am very proud of her too!!!!




2 comments:

Allison said...

Wow! What a proud Mommy moment, indeed! So neat to be surprised like that! Congrats to Annelise...and to you and Ben- for giving her the support and love she needs to be that kind of amazing girl!

Misty said...

Neat! Congratulations!