I have a daily devotional flip book on my kitchen counter. I have been turning to it almost daily for over 1.5 years to get a needed daily dose from the Bible. Today as I was cleaning the counter I noticed that the date on the devotion was September 9
th. That was the day before I found out of my miscarriage. (But it was the day I knew that something was really wrong.) I am so surprised that I have not noticed before today that I have been missing my small dose of God's word that I am so used to having daily.
I really shut down.....I really have not been calling on God much. I'm really bummed about that.
The good thing is I'm getting myself back. I know I am still going to have those moments.....many that may take me by surprise....but hopefully I have been walking through this muck in the right direction.
September 23: Have mercy o me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Psalm 51:1
No comments:
Post a Comment