Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dear Flu......

This has been the longest week that I can remember. (I'm sure if Ben would have went to Colorado....it would have been ten times longer.) Things are going well....they just feel like they are in slow motion. Last Thursday seems like forever ago, yet it has not even been a week yet.

Jonah's vocabulary has totally bloomed this week. Words like: chocolate chip, screwdriver, paper towel, and Papa Harold have shocked me when they have come out of his mouth. So fun! I love this age. I love having brand new conversations with little people :)

We are counting the days until Disney. This trip was meant to be. I think our whole family could use one big distraction in the Happiest Place on Earth. My only worry....the first swine flu case in our district has hit.

Dear Flu,

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM MY KIDS......I need a vacation!

I am determined not to open the bottle tonight. I have indulged in a glass or two of wine each night to help go to sleep. I need a good run in the morning so I cut myself off tonight. Hope I don't regret it. (Do not worry I am only letting myself eat and drink freely until Sunday.) And eating I have done.....a lot of.....all the comfort foods have been appearing around here. Some people lose weight when they are stressed and then there is me :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't 2 year olds just the best?! Have a wonderful time at Disney....and I will hope for good weather and no flu for any of you!!!

Still keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers!

Sara

The Malcolm Family said...

Nicole,
I hope you don't mind me leaving you a message, I follow julie's blog and thought I would check yours out. I just would like you to know that I have suffered 3 miscarriages, I know how you are feeling and how empty your heart feels and how sometimes that words that are meant to be comforting aren't always a comfort. I am so sorry that you are going through that pain. Please know that it will get better. I hope you get to take your vacation. :) Hang in there!!
Brandee