Saturday, August 1, 2009

Laundry Day


It's laundry marathon day. I am planning to pack it up and head to Illinois this upcoming week. To tell the truth, I am completely dreading the drive this time. Ben says he will drive it with me and fly back if I need him too......but ticket prices just went up and that is just silly. I just need to buck up and stop dreading the drive by myself.

We have 2 family reunions on Ben's side and our 15 year class reunion to attend in the next 2 weeks. Ben is going to fly home for one family reunion and the class reunion. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, yet I am not looking forward to chasing Jonah around the family reunions. (and trying to keep an eye on the girls while making sure Jonah doesn't end up in the lake or river. It's going to be interesting!)

Ben is working like crazy on our fence. All posts are set and tomorrow Ben and the neighbor are going to get the whole thing built. It will be SO EXCITING to be able to let Jonah run the yard and not worry about him heading into the woods, falling down the hill, or getting bit by the neighbor's dog. Plus, we are working on adopting a rescue dog so we will be ready for our new family member.

Speaking of new family members................

I know I am supposed to wait but I have no desire to.......


Funny story.....too long to repeat.....but moral of the story is beware of pregnancy test purchased on Ebay. They may not work! This picture is of a test purchased at Walgreens. This was taken after 2 weeks of negative Ebay tests. I didn't even have to lay this one down, the two lines were bright right away.

We are thrilled that we are going to meet our new little one in the end of March. (I think)

Back to the laundry!

12 comments:

Keri said...

Congrats!!!!!Hope you are feeling well!!! And good luck with your drive to IL....

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!!!! Sending you a big congratulatory hug via your blog!!!

Sara

Megan's Munchkins said...

Congratulations on your growing family!!...ok...I will bite....why are you buying pregnancy tests on Ebay????????

Nic said...

Funny....okay, I purchased my first lot while I was nursing Alaina. I was constantly paranoid that I was pregnant b/c I didn't have my monthly friend to tell me I wasn't. The lots are like 25 tests for $7.00. What a deal :) I could test whenever I wanted and not feel guilty about spending a fortune for no reason. Then I got another lot while nursing Jonah. That is the one I have now. This time I got something like 50 tests for $15. Okay....so now that the tests didn't work it seems silly but at the time I thought I was getting smart deals :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nicole! Drive safely this week!
Kara

Anonymous said...

Nicole and I have had many conversations about big families. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother and growing up I wouldn't change that for the world.
The idea of having 4 children around us as we go through life is very exciting. Yes, a little crazy too.
Annelise and Alaina will be big helpers when the baby arrives.
Ben Hawkinson

Sarah and Kieran said...

whew! you told! i was worried i'd have another situation like at my wedding. :)

is it weird that the word verification for me to write this comment is "boofart" ???

777clarkstreet said...

Congrats Nicole and Ben! How exciting... Now i have 5 friends preg! phew! STAY AWAY FROM ME! :)
EM

jord,ali,hal,kam and grae too! said...

CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! Thrilled for you all!! (and can't believe you are still doing the ebay preg tests! I remember when you bought the first batch! haha!)

Misty said...

Huge congratulations!!! I'm sure 4 will be perfect! I'd love to have 4 some day as well. Good luck with your drive. I always try to convince myself to drive back, 8hrs one day and 8hrs the next from down here but I just can't convince myself yet!

Carrie Armstrong said...

WOW!!! Congrats!!!

Jamie Harter said...

That is wonderful news! Congratulations!