Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The last few weeks.....

The kids and I headed home for a fun but exhausting trip back to Illinois. My energy level is low...so I am going to just pick a few pics and post. We had 2 family reunions, played with 3 sets of grandparents, had LOTS of cousin time, had the class of 94 class reunion, went to Dixon and Ashton, the zoo, the children's museum, and slept over with friends. Drove straight through both ways and on the way home only lost 45 min. from start to finish!

Reunion #1


The Zoo


Dixon Visit

This was my first experience with Jiffy Pop....I thought it was so neat!
Reunion #2
I wish I would have taken 100 more pics, but I just didn't have the energy.
The trip was good, but WAY TOO much time away from Ben.
I never thought I would say this....but it's good to be back in the Carolinas!
-------------------------------------------------------
Now while I wait for my pics to upload I need to take a little time to complain.
I just finished packing for school tomorrow/Friday. (Alaina doesn't start until Friday.)
This is what they needed for school supplies this year:
2 highlighters
4 composition notebooks
2 packs of index cards
1 pair of scissors
5 folders
8 dry erase markers
4 boxes of crayons
20 glue sticks
1 pencil bag
1 box of markers
50 pencils
2 packs of 500 sheet copy paper
2-200 page packs of wide rule filler paper
12 colored pens
45 eraser caps
2 pink pearl erasers
4 boxes of Kleenex
3 containers of Clorox wipes
2 bottles of hand sanitizer
2 boxes of gallon size freezer bags
1 box sandwich size freezer bags
12 pack manila file folders
1 container baby wipes

I do not remember hauling this much stuff on the first day of school.
20 glues sticks.....50 pencils.....and are the parents stocking the copy machine now?
What in the world???

5 comments:

jord,ali,hal,kam and grae too! said...

hhhmmm...stocking the copy machine, the entire districts pencil/glue supply, file folder supply and one class needs that many erasers? yikes!!! That is a LIST! Where are those tax dollars going again? :-) I still can't believe it's 3rd grade already. Good luck to Alaina on her first day!!! (and Annelise too!)

mhawkfam said...

Does Alaina's teacher have a college student or two? What is her other job? That list is out of control! Yea, you should move back to Illinois ;). Here the supplies will fit in a backpack with the exception of the two boxes of tissues.

Anonymous said...

i totally agree....how are you supposed to send all that...they should have a day to just drop off supplies!!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes. That is quite the list. I'd like an explanation on some of those. I think it's a little excessive to have 45 pencil top erasers at the beginning of the year. I think you can find them anytime & why not replace them as needed. And the copy paper, & the manila folders...

I was sad we only saw you in passing last week. Sounds like you had a great trip.

Keri said...

OMG, that list is at LEAST triple what we had to have....that is CRAZY!!!!!!! The Clorox wipes (3 contains especially kill me) Is the teacher a clean freak, or does the school not provide cleaning supplies????!!!)