Monday, July 13, 2009

So Thankful!!


Ben was a passenger in an awful accident today.  They noticed a truck coming towards them in their lane on a highway.  The driver, a co-worker of Ben's, decided to pull over because the driver coming towards them was driving erratically and his next move was unpredictable.  In the end the other truck came towards them, hit the ditch, and flew sideways into and over the truck Ben was in.  Ben is very shaken up, and he is still amazed that both he and his coworker came out alive.  Although we are not sure what was going on with the other driver, they were not as lucky.  The driver was life flighted away and the passenger was pronounced dead at the scene.  Ben and his coworker were treated at the scene.  Ben only has a few minor scratches.  (He may be hurting a little soon though).  He wanted me to say to my blog readers.....slow down, pay attention and kiss your children.  He feels so lucky tonight!  I do too!!!!!

UPDATE: Yes, this was the truck that Ben and his coworker were in.  It looks like it rolled, but what really happened was the other truck went up and over them.  Notice the bumper did not get wrecked.  The airbags did not go off.  

7 comments:

Keri said...

WOW, What a blessing!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That looks like quite the crash. So glad Ben's okay.

Misty said...

My gosh, that gave me chills. So glad Ben is home safe and sound with you all. How scary.

Anonymous said...

I am one to let my eyes wonder while driving. Looking a fields, buildings and people. We were paying attention yesterday and that saved our lives. I had angels watching and I know who one of them is. I thank God she was watching.
As the truck rolled over us I really thought this could be it. Slow down, kiss your children, and tell your family how much you love them.
I am so thankful to have more than just 10 years with my wife and kids.
Ben Hawkinson

Amy Buhrow said...

Holy cats! I'm so glad Ben wasn't hurt. How scary...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh.....how awful!! I'm so happy that Ben is OK and his guardian angels were there with him that day. Keeping you all in our prayers!

Sara

Megan's Munchkins said...

I agree with Ben....
So glad he is ok. For all of you!