Friday, November 7, 2008

Get Away!

Ben had a meeting in Myrtle Beach. He was kind enough to let us tag along. It was so good to get out of this apartment. I was a little nervous about taking the kids out by myself in a strange place and entertaining them for 8 hours, but it was an AWESOME DAY! There are so many pics that I like...I'm just going to do a mass download. Enjoy!

We started off at the Ripley's Aquarium. What an AMAZING place. We had a blast. We saw two dive shows, went to an educational on beach creatures, and spent hours looking at the most amazing creatures. Here in the first pictures the girls are petting sting-rays.


We then left for lunch. We went to Uno Pizza where the kids made their own pizzas.


After lunch we enjoyed the boardwalk and all the fun stores.

Jonah LOVED the aquarium as much as the girls. He did so great. Although he was so happy in his stroller, he loved to get out and burn some energy on the playground.


After we left the aquarium we headed to the beach. As you can tell from the pics, it was a cool, gloomy day.....but the sun did come out a little later. Although it was not perfect beach weather, the kids still had a blast! I LOVE beach pics.




The next pic is a bad picture of me, so I typically wouldn't put it on here, but there is a story that goes along with it. A very nice group of ladies come up to me on the beach. They asked me if I would like them to take a picture of me and my family. After taking our picture they asked me if Jonah liked the sand. I told them that we are form Illinois and he hasn't been in the sand much. They all laughed b/c they are from Illinois too. They are from Savannah and are visiting SC. They asked me where I was from. I answered Dixon, but added that we are originally from Galesburg. One of the women laughed and asked me if I knew Jeremy Ritchie. YES! He was in my class. She just cracked up and said that she was his Aunt Mindy. WHAT A SMALL WORLD!! I only had one conversation with a stranger in Myrtle Beach....and like always, there was a Galesburg connection!






Okay, I still didn't get a few of my favorites on here...but this site is acting up and I am about to loose my cool. So, I'm going to stop here. As you may be able to tell...we had a great time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright - I'm jealous! Yes, it has been snowing all day - not sticking much... but... I would love to play with my boys at the beach about now!

Enjoy!

Keri said...

What a small world!!
Glad you were able to have a fun day.
I seond that I am jealous as it is snowing!!! UGH!!!!

mhawkfam said...

I'm in! It snowed here today but nothing stuck. Andrew was out in it and SO IMPRESSED! My first thought was of a snow day. Somethings you never out grow.

I have to add the changing leaves have been beautiful! Glass half full ;)