Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Apartment living

Hey all! I'm checking in from our apartment. Big news today....WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! It's a great house and we are very excited. We still have no bites on our house in Dixon....looks like we might be taking the disappointing buy-out offer. But, the deal we got on our new house makes up for that loss. It's really is a buyers market. So, we hope to close as soon as possible.

Apartment living has been hard. I feel like a fish out of water. I don't have the control here that I have in my own home. I can't beat my children here without anyone knowing. (Joking!) I can't tell them to take it outdoors. I feel a little trapped....but it is for a short time. Plus, I feel like we are trashing this place. The flat paint on the walls already have a lot of scuffs....we have only been here 4 days! Who uses flat paint anyway? The Rent-a-Center furniture that they kindly supplied us with is getting tested also. We need to get our of here!

Went to Babies-R-Us tonight to buy a new stroller. Wow...the shopping selection here could get dangerous. Now, you KNOW I love Dixon....but the only choice I had there was Walmart or Shop-Ko. I won't miss that part.

Okay, need to sleep. More later. nic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, I'm happy that you're all together and it's working out for you. Take the buy out offer... it's not fun to have your house on the market for a year! Take care, em

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled to hear that you found a house! What an exciting time for all of you. It sounds like it can't come soon enough:)

Let us know your address and phone when you are settled.

Sara