Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Personalities

My friend Mary Gile once said to me, "One of the greatest things about having a new baby is getting to know a new personality." I never thought of it like that before. I have always loved up on my babies as much as possible....but never cherished the blooming of their personalities. So, this time around I am really paying attention, and what a gift!

Annelise: Watching her become "Miss Responsible" has been such a treat. She really loves her family and she aims to please. She has a soft heart and a very low pain thresh hold. She helps whenever I ask...unless I need her to pick up her room. My approval is very important to her, and she is a people pleaser. I had a very proud moment the other day when we passed a nasty car accident in the parking lot of Walmart. I asked the girls to pray for the families involved, and Annelise answered, "I already did, but I will again."

Alaina: She is my free spirit. She can be sassy, snotty, and ornery, but I wouldn't trade in her for the world. She can also be so stinking sweet and wonderful. She definitely has personality conflicts with some people (adults and children), but for those who "get" her.....they LOVE her! I thought she was going to be my little "tom boy", but she is as "girly" as they come. There are days when she is on her third wardrobe change, and still begging for just one more try. She loves to play with others, but is perfectly fine on her own. She works so hard to keep up with Annelise, and appreciates the helping hand that big sis lends. She loves on me all the time and tells me that she never wants to leave me. I say to her, "You never have to if you don't want!"

Jonah: My newest little personality. I get to see him bloom each day. He not only cracks me up, he cracks himself up too. He is such a happy little guy. He has a smile on his face 90% of his waking hours. It's just a treat to be around him. He is busy, busy, busy! But, this last week he has been busy doing things with a purpose. I love to see his mind at work. I don't know how he is going to handle disappointment, if he will want to talk to strangers, or what type of friend he is going to be. There is so much that I still get to learn about him. Mary was right....this is so fun!

No comments: