Thursday, April 17, 2008

Worms!


In my attempt to become a "greener" household, I asked for a worm compost for Christmas last year. I was so excited when Dad and Lori purchased it for me. Today was the big day....the worms arrived! I fed our new family of 1,000 worms with coffee grounds and filter, egg shells, junk mail, and wilted spinach. The girls were very excited to help get the compost box ready....but Annelise didn't want anything to do with the worms.

2 comments:

Sharing the Blessings said...

I applaud you for becoming "greener", I myself am on the same quest. But I am wondering, how big do those suckers get? They eat the garbage right? Won't they grow to be gi-normous sized after consuming all the leftover food? Maybe you have to buy them a larger factory.

The Chatt Pack said...

I absolutely love the picture of Alaina and the worm - totally priceless. Let me know if you run low on garbage - I'll send some of mine your way!