Sunday, March 9, 2008

Goody Bags


We had Alaina's 4th birthday party yesterday. Alaina had an great time and may be still exhausted today from all the fun. The theme for the party was "A goody bag party." I know what you may be thinking.....what an odd theme.....but it has a great story behind it. I'm kind of an "anti-goody bag" person when it comes to the parties I throw. I love having themes....and I love getting items to go with the themes. But, I won't buy goody bags and fill it up with traditional goody bag stuff. I have found that the traditional stuff is pretty junky and when my kids get home from a friend's party and the slinky is in knots, the kazoo won't work, the paper fan is ripped, or the flashlight is not bright as their sisters....it makes for an unhappy household and I think it's a waste of money. So, I have always said "NO" to the goody bag thing for my parties. So, when Alaina told me a over year ago that she wanted a goody bag party I thought it was pretty funny. Since the theme is "Goody Bag", Alaina explained to me that everyone MUST get a goody bag. And....she has talked about and planned this birthday for over 12 months. We put together the goody bags....and it was actually pretty fun! (Although I let her know that this was only b/c of the theme.) She is so clever! I wish I would have taken more pictures, but here is what we have.


The Goody Bag cake!

And the long awaited Goody Bags!


The kids were decorating their cupcakes.



Ben took more pictures, but the lighting was bad and the pics are not that good. So, I didn't get pictures of everyone on the blog. Maybe Sarah will have better pics on her blog soon.
Uncle Jeff....we are so happy your whole family was able to make it...the jet lag would have kept me home! You Rock! And we had several loved ones that were unable to join us. We miss you all! Emma, we hope you are feeling better!

1 comment:

Sharing the Blessings said...

Happy Birthday to Alaina! So, sorry we missed it! Ava would have had a great time, it looks like Alaina had a fun party. I just realized this is the 2nd year we've missed her party- so I'll have to put next year's on my calendar now!
See you soon, Amy