Did I mention the caramel apples......YUMMY!
Monday, October 22, 2007
Family Fun at the Apple Orchard!
The girls and I were supposed to travel to Galesburg this weekend to spend some time with Aunt Sarah and Uncle Kieran. I pooped out on Friday and decided that we would stay put in Dixon for the weekend. Although I am sad that we didn't get time with Sarah and Kieran, I was glad that we were home with Daddy on Sunday. So far Ben has been busy....but not non-existant. I think that is about to change, so I feel blessed that we got one more great day with him before he is super busy at work. We headed west to Jonamac Orchard. We had a BLAST!
There was a huge bin of corn for the kids to play in. Alaina was not going in there for anything...but Annelise and Ben had fun!
This was the BEST slide. It was huge and the kids LOVED it. (I enjoyed it too!) Annelise and Alaina could have went down this slide all day.
There was a maze that you could only make right hand turns to get out. I did it last year and it took me several times before I could figure it out....not Ben....he got it on his first try.
The Apple Train was the cutest! 
Although I am typically anti-corn maze since I fear my phobia might kick in....I gave this one a shot. It was fun and LONG! We called it quits at the half way point. (It was so long they had consessions at the 1/2 way mark!) The girls wanted to keep going....but Annelise was getting a blister and I knew if we did the second half she would be one unhappy camper!


One of the best parts of the day is when we ran into our friends Sara and Mathew Knight. Mathew is a U of I Farmhouse roomate and friend of Ben's. He stood up with us when we got marriend. They live in Chicago and we have not seen them in almost 2 years. We were so excited to meet their recent addition Ella. Sara was raised in the DeKalb area and they were back to see her family. SO EXCITING! What a small world, they were standing in line behind us for carmel apples and cider donuts when Mathew noticed Ben and gave him a slap on his back.
Jonah is not quite ready to keep up with his sisters, but next fall I bet he tries! 

I could add a ton more pictures....there were so many good photo opportunities all day. It was a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment